Introducing the new worksafebc.com
Welcome to our newly redesigned website.
Our new site is the product of extensive consultation with our stakeholders – including workers, employers, health and safety professionals, and health care providers – to ensure we serve you better.
Our goal was to build a website that's intuitive, user-centred, and easier to understand. We also offer many new features to make it easier for you to find the content and resources you need.
The organization of the pages on the site has changed, so pages and resources will have different URLs than they did on our previous website. If you have any links and bookmarks set up for our old website, they will have to be updated.
The URLs of our online applications (any URL beginning with online.worksafebc.com) will remain the same, however.
Summary of changes
We've improved the user experience by making it easier to find content on our website through:
- Simplified navigation: We've streamlined the site's structure to align with key user needs (such as Health & Safety, Insurance, and Claims). You can also easily find information just for you using audience-specific pages for workers, employers, health and safety committee members, health care providers, and vocational rehabilitation providers.
- Fat footer: You'll find many more key links and content at the bottom of every page of the website.
- How Do I…: These links, located at the top of our landing pages, enable you to get immediate answers to some of the most frequently asked questions for the section you're visiting.
Improved search tools
For those of you who prefer search to browsing for content, we offer enhanced search capabilities using the following tools:
- Global search: We've improved our search to make it easier to find pages, forms, and resources on our website by entering keywords or selecting categories (in the left navigation bar) to help you narrow down the results.
- Forms and resources search: If you're looking specifically for forms and resources (like books & guides, interactive tools, or videos & slideshows), you access this system and can narrow your search results even further by using the categories and topics on left side of the search page.
Our new website will continue to evolve based on our continued research and feedback we receive. If you have any comments about the new website, please send us your feedback.