Claims Call Centre
Phone 604 231-8888
Toll-free 1 888 967-5377
After a work-related injury or illness, the worker, employer, and the worker's physician must report the injury or illness to WorkSafeBC.
Report an injury or illness
If you are injured at work or have symptoms of a work-related illness, you must:
- Step 1: Report it to your employer immediately.
- Step 2: Seek medical attention and tell your doctor your injury is work related. Your employer is responsible for your transportation costs from your workplace to a doctor’s office or hospital.
- Step 3: Start a claim by reporting it to WorkSafeBC as soon as possible. If you miss work time as a result of your injury, call our
- Teleclaim Contact Centre. Otherwise, complete and submit a
- Worker's incident and injury report online or download and submit an Application for Compensation.
Application for Compensation and Report of Injury or Occupational Disease
Health Care Providers
You must complete and submit a Physician's Report within three days of a worker reporting an injury or disease that may be job-related.
Download forms for mail or fax submission:
Report of Injury or Occupational Disease