Consultation on proposed amendments to the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation
The Policy, Regulation and Research Division is requesting feedback on proposed amendments to the Occupational Health and Safety Regulation. The consultation phase provides stakeholders an opportunity to provide feedback prior to the proposed amendments being taken to public hearing in fall of 2018.
There are three regulatory amendment packages under review. You will be able to access the information by clicking on each regulatory package below. Proposed deletions are identified with a
strikethrough and additions are highlighted in yellow.
Submissions can be made online or via e-mail, fax or mail as follows:
|(a) Online feedback:||See each amendment package below for electronic feedback form|
|(c) Mail:||Policy, Regulation and Research Division
P.O. Box 5350 Station Terminal
Vancouver BC V6B 5L5
or toll-free in B.C. 1.877.279.7599
Feedback will be accepted until 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, May 3, 2018.
Proposed regulatory amendment packages under review:
- Part 8, Personal Protective Clothing and Equipment, section 8.11, safety headgear
- Part 8, Personal Protective Clothing and Equipment, sections 8.14-8.18, eye and face protection
- Part 20, Construction, Excavation and Demolition, sections 20.1 and 20.17-20.26, concrete formwork and falsework
To make a written submission
Please include the following information in your written submission:
- Your name
- Whether you are submitting on your own behalf or on behalf of an organization (if on behalf of an organization, please specify the name of the organization)
- Whether you are commenting from the perspective of a worker, or an employer, or other (not representing either workers or employers, such as a licensing or regulatory body, or a professional or industry association)
- Your level of support — whether you generally agree, are generally neutral, or generally disagree with the proposed regulatory amendments
- The reasons for your level of support and the section number(s) of the regulation you are commenting on
WorkSafeBC will send you an acknowledgement of receipt of your submission.
All stakeholder feedback is carefully considered and analyzed, and provided to the Board of Directors of WorkSafeBC as part of their decision-making process.
Please be advised that stakeholders will not be contacted regarding the contents of their submissions unless clarification is needed.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Written submissions will be available to the public on the WorkSafeBC website after completion of the consultation process. WorkSafeBC may publish the name of any person making a submission but will not disclose personal contact information. Any other personal information provided in a submission including opinions contained therein, may be disclosed by WorkSafeBC through publication or otherwise in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act or by law generally. By providing a submission to WorkSafeBC during this process, submitters thereby consent to disclosure of their personal information. Publication by WorkSafeBC does not equate to endorsement of the views of the submitter.