Rate consultation sessions
This summer, we met with employers throughout British Columbia to discuss the preliminary 2020 rates for your industry, injury trends in British Columbia, and what you can do to reduce injuries, claim costs, and your insurance rate.
What we discussed
At this year's sessions, we had both a main presentation and two optional breakout sessions, as well as an opportunity to meet with members of our WorkSafeBC team, the Employers' Advisers Office, and health and safety associations.
Our main presentation focused on:
- The financial state of the workers’ compensation system
- Rate and classification changes
- How you, as an employer, can influence your rates through health and safety, and return-to-work activities
If you were unable to attend, you can watch a video of the presentation from our Langley session or review the slides.
We also offered two optional breakout sessions after the main presentation:
- A demonstration of the Employer Health and Safety Planning Tool Kit. Learn more about the Tool Kit.
- An overview of the industry classification, base rates, and experience rating system. View the slides from the presentation.
Where we visited
This year's sessions took place in the following locations.
|Thursday, July 11||Richmond|
|Friday, July 12||Prince George|
|Monday, July 15||Nanaimo|
|Monday, July 15||Victoria|
|Tuesday, July 16||Kelowna|
|Wednesday, July 17||Kamloops|
|Thursday, July 18||Langley|
|Monday, July 29||Virtual/Online (WebEx)|
If you have a question or feedback
- Send an email to Rate Consultation
- Write to us at PO Box 5350 Stn Terminal, Vancouver BC V6B 5L5