Construction nurse line
The Construction Nurse Line is a free telephone service. Offered by WorkSafeBC, it is staffed by nurse advisors with construction industry experience. The service helps employers by getting injured workers back on the job.
Phone: 604.279.8155 (Lower Mainland)
Hours of operation: Monday to Friday (excluding holidays), 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Construction nurse advisors
- Are registered nurses with experience in construction.
- Are experts in occupational injury and return-to-work planning.
- Provide a clinical perspective that is separate from claims entitlement and prevention issues.
- Collaborate with workers, employers, healthcare providers, and physicians to develop and monitor safe and individualized return-to-work plans.
Who should call
- First aid attendants
- Return-to-work coordinators
- Site safety officers
When to call
- To arrange worksite visits to make return-to-work planning easier, if/when barriers have been identified
- For information on limitations and/or assistance in identifying appropriate modified duties for an injured worker that is returning to the job
- To help resolve return-to-work issues
- To help develop injury management/disability management workplace programs
- For general claims updates