For workers: Asbestos training and certification
WorkSafeBC is implementing mandatory training for asbestos abatement workers to help keep you safe from the danger of asbestos. As of January 1, 2024, anyone doing asbestos abatement work in B.C. will need to have certification that they have completed this training. This training will help ensure you are able to do this work safely, reducing the exposure to asbestos that can cause serious, long-term health problems.
Training and certification
The level of certification you need depends on the type of asbestos work you will be doing. Find out more:
- Learn about certificates
- Do I need a certificate?
- Find training: Approved training providers for asbestos abatement certification
Once you have completed training and certification, your certificate is valid for three years.
For more information
To find information and resources about working safely with asbestos, visit our Asbestos page.
For updates about asbestos certification:
- Subscribe to receive email updates (select the “Asbestos certification and licensing updates” option)
- Read the current and past updates
You can also contact our Prevention Information Line if you have questions: 604.276.3100, or toll-free 1.888.621.7233.
Information in other languages
Please see the links below to find information on asbestos training and certification in the following languages:
- Punjabi | ਕਾਮਿਆਂ ਲਈ: ਐਸਬੈਸਟਾਸ ਟ੍ਰੇਨਿੰਗ ਅਤੇ ਸਰਟੀਫਿਕੇਸ਼ਨ
- Chinese (Simplified) | 针对工人：石棉培训和认证
- Chinese (Traditional) | 工人須知：石棉培訓和認證
- Spanish | Para los trabajadores: Capacitación y certificación en asbesto