Sustained Compliance Initiative
The Sustained Compliance Initiative determines if past inspectional initiatives have — over time — resulted in employers and industries who have continued to manage risks and maintain a system to support sustained compliance. As part of the initiative, we will conduct sampling and check-ins across employer groups and industries to determine if effective controls for specific risks are in place.
The 2021-2023 Sustained Compliance Initiative is designed to provide the following functions:
- Through sampling and assessing past inspection initiatives, provide information on:
- The general state of safety management systems
- The level of control for specific risks, across employer groups and industries
- Through assessing past inspection initiatives, provide information on:
- How many employers have maintained compliance
- How many employers have maintained a system to support sustained compliance
- Gain insight on successful inspection initiatives to continuously improve and apply the findings to future work
We will take a risk-based approach to address employer groups, industries, or specific risks that are deemed high risk and require a snapshot of their compliance or their systems that support compliance. The focus for this initiative is agile, and we will add or remove focus areas on an annual basis as risks in our province and environment change.
What you can do
Our Managing Risk pages provide resources and information on how to create a system to maintain sustained compliance.