COVID-19: Health and safety
WorkSafeBC is working to support the direction of public health agencies for slowing the progression of COVID-19 (coronavirus) by helping workplaces to take appropriate preventative measures. To support this effort, we’ve provided the following information about COVID-19 and the workplace:
Below are links to key resources from the public health agencies that are providing guidance on COVID-19.
Public health agency websites
For more information about the COVID-19 situation, including public health alerts and FAQs, please see the COVID-19 pages on the following websites:
The BC Ministry of Health has developed an online BC COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment Tool to help people determine whether you need further assessment or testing for COVID-19.
Information for employers & businesses
The BC Centre for Disease Control has collected COVID-19 information for Employers & Business, where you will find information for essential businesses.
Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety
To help support workplaces during the COVID-19 pandemic, the CCOHS has made a number of online products and resources available on its website.
- 1.888.COVID19 (1.888.268.4319): For non-medical information about COVID-19. Available 7:30 a.m.-8 p.m., 7 days a week.
- 8-1-1 (HealthLink BC): To talk to a nurse if you need advice about how you are feeling and what to do next.
Submitting and managing reviews
If you disagree with a decision made by WorkSafeBC on a claim, assessment, or health and safety enforcement matter, you can request a review of the decision from the Review Division. We are continuing to receive requests for review and are completing as many decisions as possible during the COVID-19 outbreak. Learn more about Submitting and managing reviews during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Please note that this situation is rapidly evolving and the content of our updates reflects the knowledge we have at the time of posting.
- Short term extensions of Occupational First Aid Certificates (published on March 20, 2020)
- Working from home (published on March 18, 2020)
- COVID-19 updates (published on March 18, 2020)
- COVID-19 and the workplace (published on March 12, 2020)
- What workers and employers need to know about COVID-19 (published on January 31, 2020 and updated on March 6, 2020.)