Mobile access to clearance letters
How do I access the mobile app?
Clearance letters are now available through most smart phones and smartphone mobile devices including iPhones, iPads, Blackberrys and devices running an Android operating system. There is no need to download an app. Using your mobile device, just visit the Clearance letters web page as you normally would, and select the Get a Clearance Letter button. You will be automatically directed to the mobile device application; then save the site on your home screen, or bookmark it for easy access the next time.
How to use the mobile app
- One-time sign up: The first time you use the mobile app, create the requestor profile information (name, mailing address, phone number and email address). This is stored on your mobile device. Once it is stored, you do not need to enter it for every subsequent request — a significant time-saver.
- Search (by firm name or account number) and select the subject for the clearance letter; one subject firm per letter.
- The clearance letter and clearance status then appears on your screen, and a PDF document of that clearance letter is automatically and immediately emailed to the email address set up for the requestor specified on the letter.
Additional features of the mobile app
- A history of clearance requests is automatically stored on your mobile device. You can request an updated clearance status on a firm or an individual from your History tab: simply click on the name of the individual or firm in the history list. That one click will produce the updated information (i.e., there’s no need to perform the search again).
- Want to send a clearance letter to another requestor? Simply add an additional requestor profile under the Requestors tab.