This site will look much better in a browser that supports web standards, but it is accessible to any browser or Internet device.


insurance banner

Cancelling your coverage

If you cease to be an employer under the Act — that is, if you stop operating your business or cease to employ workers — it is your responsibility to notify WorkSafeBC to cancel your coverage.

If you have Personal Optional Protection or voluntary coverage, your coverage remains continuously in effect until it is cancelled by you or by WorkSafeBC.

You can cancel your coverage by contacting the Employer Service Centre by telephone or in writing.

If you're an employer who's signed up for our online services, you can cancel your coverage online by following these steps:

  1. Log on to your account. You should see the Employer & Small Business Centre page.
  2. Select “Report payroll and pay premiums" located under the Payments, coverage and rates heading.
  3. Select "Account maintenance."
  4. Select "Cancel your account" and provide the requested information.