rehabilitation operational process
After referral to vocational rehabilitation services, clients are assessed
early on to determine which phase of rehabilitation is required to return
to work in a timely and safe manner. Every situation is unique, and the
rehabilitation plan is based on individual circumstances.
The vocational rehabilitation process involves the following:
- Worker returns to the same job with the same employer.
- Where the worker cannot return to the same job, the employer will
be encouraged to accommodate job modification or alternate in-service
- Where the employer is unable to accommodate the worker, vocational
exploration will progress to suitable occupational opportunities in
the same or related industrial sector. This capitalizes on the worker's
directly transferable skills.
- Where the worker is unable to return to alternate employment in the
same or related industry, vocational exploration will progress to suitable
occupational opportunities in all industries.
- Where existing skills are insufficient to return the worker to suitable
employment, the development of new occupational skills will be considered.