This site will look much better in a browser that supports web standards, but it is accessible to any browser or Internet device.
tips for workers
Tips for managing your claim
- Record the important details of your claim.
- Keep your claim and personal access numbers handy when talking to
WorkSafeBC (Workers' Compensation Board) staff members.
- If you are receiving health care benefits, provide your claim number
to your health care provider.
- Make photocopies of all paperwork to do with your claim (forms, reports,
- Keep notes of phone conversations with WorkSafeBC staff, your doctor,
and your employer (the date and what you discussed).
- Keep all original receipts for prescriptions and other health care
benefits. WorkSafeBC will not pay on photocopies of prescriptions.
- Be patient but proactive. WorkSafeBC receives over 180,000 claims
every year, and making fair decisions can sometimes take time. But if
you have questions or concerns, please call us to discuss them.
- If receiving wage-loss benefits and you'll be travelling (family,
business, or vacation), please contact WorkSafeBC to discuss how this
might affect your benefits.